Tuesday, March 13, 2012

NEW DINING TABLE

Therapeutic creativity doesn't need to happen only on paper or canvas. This past weekend, for me, it happened with a modest table and chairs that I bought for $45 from, quite possibly, the cleanest and most organized hoarding family I've ever met (but that's another story).

The table had been sitting in a carport for years and was covered with a stubborn layer of crud, but with some rags, TSP and elbow grease, it was ready to refinish.  Here it sits in its original, yet cleaned, condition.


The original seat coverings were dirty...even stiff...and crying out for transformation.


I found this amazing fabric at Joann's Fabrics and fell in love!


After four coats of on-coat-coverage white paint on the chairs, I slipped the cushions on and voila!


I also covered the cushion on this bench that my grandpa made back in the 70s.


Here it is with its new cover...so cute!


Another four coats of paint on the table itself and I was done.  What do you think?


I just love it.  My dining area has been transformed from a non-dining area to a beautiful, welcoming place for my family to come together and eat or play games...sounds pretty therapeutic to me...feels that way, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment